We’re looking forward to getting together on October 8 & 9
We’re especially excited about the wide range of sessions and presenters that will make up the schedule:
• Dr. Bernard Franklin, Lara Kain, and James Moffett will be sharing keynotes and breakouts.
• There will be community poverty projects sharing their ideas and resources. School districts such as Coffeyville will highlight success stories creating a trauma responsive high school.
• ESSDACK consultants such as Tamara Konrade, Ginger Lewman, and Katie Perez will share how Inspired Leadership Energy Levels and Project-Based Learning can positively impact student learning.
• Hear from Jennifer Miller and other classroom teachers who are building valuable relationships in diverse classrooms.
• Listen to local business leader Damon Young as he highlights how his company is becoming part of the solution.
Students and Families
Research tells us that kids from difficult backgrounds have a deep need to contribute. And we have kids with stories to tell. They are ready to be a part of the solution . . . to be a part of changing the world. Our Student Hope Spotlight speakers bring powerful narratives to the conversation.
We believe the experts on poverty and trauma are the people who have dealt with it on a personal level. The Parent Panel includes five brave single mothers who are working their way out of poverty and have histories of high trauma. They’re excited to bring us their insight.
This is a sacred space that is rarely encountered, especially at conferences. The Hope Spotlights and Parent Panel will shift your hearts, minds, and practice. These student and parent stories are a must not miss!
Looking for specific session titles, presenters, and descriptions?
Scroll to the bottom of this page or go here. You can also bookmark the Moving the Needle Sched page and download the Sched app for iPhone and Android. (Be sure to create your own Sched account to stay updated with the most recent changes and messages!)
Conference Schedule at a Glance
Keynotes and breakout sessions will be held in the Century II conference area. Need a map?
Monday October 8
7:30 – 9:00
Welcome & Opening Remarks
9:00 – 9:15
Parent Panel & Student Hope Spotlight
9:15 – 10:00
Breakout Sessions 1 – 2
10:15 – 11:55
11:55 – 12:30
Keynote – Dr. Bernard Franklin
12:30 – 1:30
Breakout Sessions 3 – 5
1:45 – 4:30
Optional Evening Activities
6:30 – 8:30
- Resilience movie screening
- Story Telling for Today
- Sound Therapy & Self Care
Tuesday October 9
Registration & Breakfast
7:00 – 8:30
8:30 – 8:45
Keynote – James Moffet
8:45 – 9:30
Breakout Sessions 6 – 7
9:45 – 11:30
Lunch & Student Hope Spotlight
11:30 – 1:00
Breakout Session 8
1:15 – 2:00
Closing Keynote – Lara Kain
2:15 – 3:00
Find specific sessions, presenters, and descriptions below: