Helping students struggling with trauma and poverty be successful
is one of the most powerful things we can do as educators. It truly is an emergency challenge.
What can it look like at the classroom, building, and district level when we find ways for at-risk students to win? It becomes a winnable game when we focus on and tie together five key issues:
- resilience building in the face of trauma
- parental and caregiver engagement
- leadership and civic engagement
- project-based learning
Join us and hundreds of others to share strategies and resources that create successful students. You’ll meet and learn together with classroom teachers, administrators, non-profit organizations, and caregivers from across the state to Move the Needle for your kids and families.
And if you and your building or district is working on Kansans Can Vision or KSDE Redesign projects, Moving the Needle is perfect for helping you flesh out your Social & Emotional Learning plans!
- Wichita State University Metro Complex
5015 East 29th St N
Wichita, KS 67220
- November 14 – 15, 2019
- Get signed up and learn more about multiple registrations here
- Both Title III and Title IV funds can be used to attend Moving the Needle
- College credit is available. Get more details here
Social Media Hashtag: